Top 5 Residential HVAC Companies in the USA
Whether you’re outfitting a house, building one from scratch, or looking to deck out your apartment complex with new amenities, there are going to be several hurdles to navigate. Contractors and regulations may top the list, sure, but even something as seemingly straightforward as picking the right products can be a pain. Perhaps the most notable of these is the AC system.
There are dozens of AC companies out there that are perfectly capable of selling and installing a functional AC system. But not all of them are created equal - some have benefits and drawbacks that can make or break their viability as your chosen system.
This makes finding the right AC for your home or apartment tough. But it doesn’t have to be. As experts in the industry, Filter King is committed to giving our clients the data necessary to make an informed decision. As you’ll see, finding the right AC company isn’t actually that hard - it just requires checking a few boxes.
The most important considerations for HVAC are equipment specs, safety measures, company reputation, and overall sales. An AC company will only be deemed as the best if it meets the requirements stipulated in these parameters.
That said, here are Filter King’s top five residential HVAC companies in the United States!
Goodman Manufacturing is one of the leading residential AC companies in the United States. The company has a longstanding reputation since its foundation in 1975. Since then, the company has been in the business of providing heating and air conditioning services to millions of homeowners in the United States.
Goodman Manufacturing is a subsidiary of Daikin Group, the world’s biggest manufacturer of HVAC systems. Currently, about 40% of American homeowners use Goodman’s products in the home for air conditioning.
The company makes it in the top list of the best AC companies because of the following features:
- Ultimate efficiency at an extremely low cost. You are likely to spend less in terms of energy when using Goodman’s AC services.
- Impressive tax rebates that reduce the overall cost of installing and using an HVAC system in your home.
- A dedicated residential branch that provides great equipment for residential use.
Not only is Trane Inc. a top residential HVAC company in the United States, but it’s also a leading manufacturer of HVAC systems in the world. It has manufacturing locations in 28 countries. It’s also extremely old, having been founded in 1910. Over the years, Trane has been striving to come up with innovative solutions for HVAC systems.
One of the many notable features of this company is that it is known for its energy conservation. It uses advanced technology for its heating and cooling to make it energy efficient.
Other reasons that position Trane amongst the top residential HVAC companies are:
- Apart from the advanced technology that assures residential homeowners great services, it also boasts great customer service. Their technical team is always on standby to help customers in case of need.
- Customers can choose from several different models, allowing more flexibility and customization.
Rheem was founded in 1925 and has since managed to establish itself as one of the top residential HVAC companies in the country. It started its focus on residential applications in 1975.
The key features of this company are:
- Stellar warranty terms, ensuring a lower cost for maintenance.
- High efficiency and low energy consumption. This means that you get a lot of value and save related energy costs.
Founded in 1895, Lennox International is one of the pioneers of residential HVAC systems in the United States. It is one of the most trusted HVAC companies in the United States, owing to its long history of great performance.
You can trust Lennox International for your residential HVAC needs because of the following reasons:
- It's one of the oldest residential HVAC companies in the country.
- Great technical support, since it has been in operation for more than 120 years.
- Lennox is a leader in technological innovations of HVAC systems.
- Excellent customer care services.
- Excellent product warranties.
Carrier is named after its founder, Willis Carrier. Willis invented AC itself in 1902, a full decade before the advent of sliced bread.
As a pioneer of the modern air conditioning system, Carrier has been the source of great innovation in the HVAC industry.
Even with stiff competition, the company still brags of the following features:
- Leader of air conditioner systems innovation
- Large market share in the United States
- Technical support after installation
This list should give you a good starting point for finding the right HVAC system for you. Of course, if you’re not in love with any of the options above you can certainly continue your search.
When finding the right system for you, consider the following:
Word of mouth: Trust your friends. Recommendations from people who have used the best AC companies are great as they give you a better insight into the true operations of the company.
Certification and experience: Check and confirm that the HVAC company you want to hire has the relevant certification and experience in handling residential HVAC, both in their equipment and in technical support.
Cost: Always ask the company to provide a detailed estimation of the cost to compare it against your budget. This can save you massive headaches later on.
In the meantime, you should start looking for the right air filter for your soon-to-be-installed shiny new HVAC system. Filter King, it just so happens, specializes in this very concept!
Check out our online store and find the right size for your intake vent. Need to find an odd size? Not a problem! Filter King has one of the largest selections of air filter sizes in the industry.
We offer a wide range of filter efficiencies, too - from basic MERV 8s to luxurious high-MERV odor elimination filters with carbon coating. There’s a filter for everyone!